UA-20248021-6

Thursday, December 22, 2011

GIRL INTO THE SURF


My wonderful scene shows the pure girlish delight at being on the beach. I tried to capture this child's independent strut into the surf to fill her bucket! Can you smell the salt air, hear the surf, and feel the sand between your toes?

Linking to Tell Me Tuesdays, Handmade Tuesdays, Share the Love Wednesday, Wow Us Wednesdays, Fall into Fall, Primp Your Stuff Wednesday, Fabulous Friday

Christmas at the Beach
"I am in Colorado, looking out the window at a foot of snow and its still snowing! I am longing for warmer weather and the beach. If only I could spend Christmas at the beach this year...," says Dawn Hitchcock from DawnHitchcock . My watercolor "Girl into the Surf" looks right at home here!

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful painting. Love the story, I can feel the sand and smell the sea air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a purely delightful picture to look at - the colours, the girl's stance and movement - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. I will be featuring it tonight at my Winter Blues Wednesday party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I really love the feel of this one! Makes me want to visit a nice beach and catch some rays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd be just delighted if you left me a comment!