UA-20248021-6

Friday, October 25, 2013

Monarch Butterfly Painting Art Print of Original Watercolor

https://www.etsy.com/listing/166839979/monarch-butterfly-painting-art-print-of?
© 2013 Barbara Rosenzweig, Watercolor Painting
11x14 matted to 16x20 $52
8x10 matted to 11x14 $37
sold matted for standard size frames 
 
It seems that I just can't get enough of painting this fabulous butterfly! I'm lucky to have the Asclepias plant in my garden. It's a milkweed that the Monarch loves and I, too, love it for its bright yellow and orange colors. You can see that I like to fade out the flowers to better feature the butterfly. I chose this "pose" to paint because its wings were partly closed showing the beautiful markings there.
 
Here's my other Monarch Butterfly painting with the wings open. Do you have a preference? It seems that there were fewer Monarchs around this summer. Have you seen that difference, too?
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/154764254/monarch-butterfly-art-print-reproduction?
© 2013 Barbara Rosenzweig, Watercolor Painting
11x14 matted to 16x20 $52
8x10 matted to 11x14 $37
sold matted for standard size frames 

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, for the past month I've been chasing butterflies. I love it, makes me feel I'm a child again. Thanks for sharing these paintings. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your paintings are beautiful i love butterflies so much so these make me smile. happy pink saturday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a happy and blessed week...
    Kandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, what a wonderful painting.

    I love the intensity of color you captured!

    This is truly wonderful!

    Thank you for sharing it.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous !!! you have capture really fantastic butterfly pictures. I love it .


    Microstock photographs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd be just delighted if you left me a comment!