UA-20248021-6

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Blue Butterfly Watercolor Painting Art

https://www.etsy.com/listing/193447303/swallowtail-butterfly-painting-art-print?
 
When I first saw this gorgeous butterfly, my jaw dropped! Not only is turquoise my favorite color, but the luminous quality of this blue and the brilliant contrast of its black edges just blew me away!

I love painting butterflies, especially the Monarch, but this one was a special challenge. The scales on the wings are reflective and seem to shine. I tried to convey that in this painting. Unlike the Monarch Butterfly painting, which feeds on bright yellow-orange flowers of the milkweed Asclepius, I wanted to make the background out of focus, just giving hints through color of the leaves and flowers this stunning creature lives among.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/154764254/monarch-butterfly-painting-art-print
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/166839979/monarch-butterfly-painting-art-print-of?

When I created this painting, I thought that it would be a wonderful addition to a child's nursery or for an accent to any room in your home! What is your favorite butterfly!

Linked to Watercolors by Barbara Etsy Shop, Watercolors By Barbara Website, Fine Art America, Make it Pretty Monday, IShouldBeMoppingTheFloorBoogieboardCottage, Alphabe-Thursday, Join the Party {Linky}  Fall into Fall, and Pink Saturday, Five Days Five Ways, Friday Favs, Fancy These Friday’s, Friday Link Party, Saturday Show & Tell, The DIY'ers, Anything Blue & Pink Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd be just delighted if you left me a comment!