UA-20248021-6

Friday, October 16, 2015

Zebra in Color Watercolor Painting in Progress

As you may have guessed, I love vibrant color! Besides my flower paintings, with rich luscious colors, I created a whole series of Sports Figures using color in a very different way.
 
Here's an example of this type of painting, my recently completed "Ice Hockey Goalie."

https://www.etsy.com/listing/251275091/ice-hockey-goalie-olympic-sport-athlete?ref=shop_home_active_4
fine art print of original watercolor painting
 
I decided to start of series of paintings using this mingling technique with animals. This is my first attempt, a Zebra! Hope that you enjoy seeing the progress!
 


 
Probably the most difficult part so far, besides the drawing, is not getting lost in the stripes. After a while, they seemed to be running together. While working on this, I'm thinking about the next painting. Maybe a giraffe. Any suggestions?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd be just delighted if you left me a comment!